You are here
Conferences & Workshops
October 11-13, 2018 - Alexander Kluge: New Perspectives on Creative Arts and Critical Practice - International conference on new perspectives that multimedial artist and storyteller Alexander Kluge develops vis-à-vis creative arts and critical practice, and new perspectives on Kluge’s oeuvre that scholars with diverse specializations and innovative insights can make available to Kluge studies and critical theory for the 21st century.
For details regarding this event, go to https://german.cornell.edu/alexander-kluge-new-perspectives-creative-arts-and-critical-practice.
Unless otherwise indicated, colloquia take place at 2:30pm in 181 Goldwin Smith Hall. An advance copy of each paper can be obtained in the Department of German Studies, 183 Goldwin Smith Hall.
- September 7, 2018 - Karl Niekerk (Germanic Languages and Literatures, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign)
- October 26, 2018 - Barbara Nagel (German, Princeton University)
- November 16, 2018 - Matthew Stoltz (German Studies, Cornell University)
- November 30, 2018 - Samuel Frederick (Germanic & Slavic Languages and Literatures, PennState)
- June 17-July 27, 2018 - Literature, Media, Form - DAAD Faculty Summer Seminar. Application deadline March 1, 2018. Forms and instructions at www.daad.org
- October 16, 2018 - Meeting with Carmen Müller (Residential Director of the Berlin Consortium for German Studies) & some former participants! Goldwin Smith Hall 177, 4:00-5:30pm, light refreshments. Anybody interested in studying in Berlin is welcome!
- October 22, 2018 - Department of German Studies Open House - Goldwin Smith Hall 177, 11:30-1:00pm. Drop by for some pizza, meet some friends & faculty, learn about courses and the major & minor in German Studies! All are welcome to attend.