Graduate Student Association - Pandaemonium GermanicumPandaemonium Germanicum (PG) is the association of graduate students in German Studies. The purposes and goals of PG are as follows:
- To foster the social and intellectual environment of graduate students in the Department of German Studies.
- To represent the interests and concerns of graduate students in the department of German Studies in matters concerning department policy and decision making.
- To participate in the social and intellectual life of the university.
- To promote a critical understanding of German Studies.
- To address and support the professional development of future academics in the discipline of German Studies.
Regular activities organized by Pandemonium Germanicum include:
- PG Kino (semester-long film series). A project undertaken by the graduate students in the Department of German Studies at Cornell University in an effort to educate themselves and others about important developments and discourses in German cinema past and present. For more information and upcoming screenings visit http://pgkino.blogspot.com.
- Annual graduate student conference in German Studies. For descriptions of the current and past graduate student conferences please visit: (Re)presenting Space in German Literature and Culture