You are here
Conferences & Workshops
April 13-14, 2018 - German Studies Graduate Student Conference - Flanking Maneuvers: Das Laterale Denken
Unless otherwise indicated, colloquia take place at 2:30pm in 181 Goldwin Smith Hall. An advance copy of each paper can be obtained in the Department of German Studies, 183 Goldwin Smith Hall.
- January 26, 2018 - Transmedia Storytelling in 19th Century Germany: Karl May’s Fictional Universe - Leigh York, German Studies, Cornell University
- February 16, 2018 - The Truth Told Urgently: Finding the Voice of the Humanities - Michel Chaouli, Germanic Studies, Indiana University Bloomington
- March 9, 2018 - “Schaue her!” Hans Blumenberg on Bach’s Matthäuspassion and the Problem of a Protestant Artwork - Helmut Müller-Sievers, Germanic & Slavic Languages & Literatures, University of Colorado Boulder
- March 23, 2018 - The Distant Child: Religious Engagement and the Globalization of Aid in 19th Century Germany - Katharina Stornig, International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture, Justus-Liebig Universität Giessen
- May 4, 2018 - Liquid Histories and Floating Archives: Practicing Environmental Humanities on Urban Waterways - Bethany Wiggin, Germanic Languages and Literatures, University of Pennsylvania
- Monday nights, 7pm, Cornell Cinema - Free movie screenings (directed by Alexander Kluge) Introduction by Erik Born
Feb. 5, Abschied von gestern/Yesterday Girl (1966)
March 5, Deutschland im Herbst/Germany in Autumn (1978)
March 26, Die Macht der Gefühle/The Power of Emotion (1983)
- Feb. 21, 2018, 7:30pm, Barnes Hall - Big Galut(E) Klezmer Ensemble preforms, “The Tale of Monish,” by I.L. Peretz.
- June 17-July 27, 2018, Cornell University - Literature, Media, Form - DAAD Faculty Summer Seminar. Application deadline March 1, 2018. Forms and instructions at www.daad.org